Titlebar of some window sometimes becomes hidden after session restarts.

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Feb 22 23:53:43 CET 2006

Joao Pedrosa wrote:
> dewd at marieta:~$ env | grep DISPLAY
> DISPLAY=:0.1
> dewd at marieta:~$ xprop  -root | grep WORKAREA | grep -v NET_SUPPORTED
> _NET_WORKAREA(CARDINAL) = 0, 31, 1280, 769, 0, 31, 1280, 769, 0, 31,
> 1280, 769, 0, 31, 1280, 769
> dewd at marieta:~$ xprop  -root | grep STRUT | grep -v NET_SUPPORTED
> dewd at marieta:~$ xprop  -root | grep STRUT | grep -v NET_SUPPORTED
> dewd at marieta:~$
>
> * Note that the third test does not report anything on the second monitor.

That should really not happen, it's very odd.

> BTW, I'm not sure if SciTE is the problem, because I tried to reproduce
> it today and Thunar was the one which got its titlebar hidden. My
> current version of Thunar sometimes seems to not save the maximized
> state between session restarts, BTW.  I mostly use maximized windows all
> the time, so some of the problems may have some correlation with this. :-)

I've added some code that should prevent this to happen whatever gets
started first, as long as the screen size is accurate, and properties
are correctly set (none of these being met on your system if I'm not
mistaken ;)

Anyway, you may want to try that version:

http://www.foo-projects.org/~olivier/preview/xfwm4-4.3.0-r19995.tar.bz2

Cheers,
Olivier.