[Xfce4-commits] r19947 - in xfce-utils/trunk: . xfrun

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Feb 18 22:48:13 CET 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> ... which would unfortunately make the fallback path quite a bit slower.
>  Who knows how many people will have Thunar/Xffm installed and
> available, though...

I doubt that the overhead will be noticable. The real problem is the Gtk
initialization.

And at one point you'll have to make a choice: Thunar and Xffm are the
official file manager for Xfce, so that this can be considered the
common case. And as we all know: Always try to optimize the common case.

And in fact, it's also quite easy to implement the RunDialog service in
a separate daemon. So people that don't use Thunar/Xffm can still decide
to run the xfrun4-daemon if they want a fast run dialog.

> 	-brian

Benedikt