[Xfce4-commits] r19947 - in xfce-utils/trunk: . xfrun

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:29:01 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Jani Monoses wrote:
>

>>the dbus solution OTOH is instant ;)
>

> But why making xfrun resident in memory? It's not an important tool at
> all which would require that either... I mean, if you need to use xfrun
> that often, then fire up a terminal and you'll be even faster!

Well those 20K don't do much harm being in memory :) Many mcs settings
which people very seldom use are in memory.
And the dbus solutions advantage besides speed, at least the reason
Benedikt proposed it would be choice between various UIs depending on
which app provides the service.

And while xfrun is not that commonly used when it is used it is good to
be as fast as possible that's where hot in hot-keys comes from ;) So
it's not about how often it is used.

As for firing up a terminal that takes more actually, whether you fire
it up and run the command, or switch to it using alt-tabs.

Jani