new xfrun dialog

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:52:51 CET 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I took the liberty of rewriting xfrun4.  It seems a bit snappier.  I
> ditched xfcombo and libdbh in favor of GtkEntryCompletion and a flat
> file for the history.  Anyway, it isn't *exactly* like the old one, but
> it's close.  Let me know what you think.  If people for some reason
> think it really sucks, I can always revert it.
>
> 	-brian

The code is a lot nicer, but it does not seem much snappier. gmrun still
beats it. Brian what do you think of implementing the dbus thing and
split xfrun? I sent a patch against the old xfrun in a previous thread,
so I can update that, but if you do it even better ;)

Olivier do you have any idea why with the new shortcut manager
keypresses are not as responsive as with the in-wm one? Does the new
event filter incure such an overhead (100-200 ms? anyway noticable)

thanks
Jani