Strange menu behaviour with fr locale

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Feb 17 17:17:42 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm seeing something odd with the xfce menu. If the locale is C,
everything is fine. If I switch to french, the settigns menu is all
empty but the main xfce-setting-show entry. Every single other setting
entry is missing.

The locale is set for fr_FR.UTF-8

LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"

I don't know what might be causing that as I'm seeing the problem on
both of my systems being very different by nature, one i386 running an
old FC2 and a x86_64 running Ubuntu 5.10.

Any hint where I should start digging? I'm not very familiar with the
menu spec either.

TIA
Olivier.