_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL problem in xfwm4?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Feb 12 23:17:13 CET 2006

Hi Jasper,

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> It seems with current xfwm4 there is a problem with partial strut
> support. Xfwm4 prevents vertical maximization in the area not covered by
> the panel.
>
> The partial strut is set to this (bottom right corner):
>
> _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 0, 34, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1170, 1280
>
> I'm fairly sure this used to work before. Did anything change?

Nothing changed here. It works well with multi screen, but if partial
struts are placed on the same screen maximization will be constrained by
the regular available space.

That doesn't mean there is no room for improvement though, I've just
committed a fix (revision r19851) that should implement what you want ;)

Cheers,
Olivier.