4.4 ETA?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Feb 12 21:13:16 CET 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Now is the time to decide whether to use 4.2 or 4.4 for the release.
> I am of course inclined to chose the latter and start uploading the
> current svn snapshots but I wanted to see if other's opinions have
> changed since last time the subject was discussed.
>
> There would be two months to test and stabilize this so I think the
> risks are low, but would feel a lot more secure if I wasn't alone in
> thinking this.

Okay, that's a good question. We were supposed to freeze by the end of
the year, then by the end of January and now, I see that new stuff are
still being added.

Quite frankly, I'm loosing motivation, I would have definitely preferred
freezing earlier and ship something stable but with less functionalities
earlier.  Just my two cents, I'm not sure I really care anymore.

Cheers,
Olivier.