4.4 ETA?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:31:43 CET 2006

Hello again

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Jani Monoses wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>for the next (first?) release of xubuntu in April, we are considering
>>using xfce 4.4. From what I remember reading, it was planned to be
[snip]
>>The intention is packaging current svn 4.3 and dropping it in current
>>development ubuntu so it gets wider use. Right now it is 4.2.3.2 (same
>>as debian sid)
>

> I'd strongly suggest *not* packaging SVN in any sort of "real" release,
> unless you're willing to take a snapshot at some point, and spend at
> least a month of heavy testing and bugfixing on your snapshot.  If you

Now is the time to decide whether to use 4.2 or 4.4 for the release.
I am of course inclined to chose the latter and start uploading the
current svn snapshots but I wanted to see if other's opinions have
changed since last time the subject was discussed.

There would be two months to test and stabilize this so I think the
risks are low, but would feel a lot more secure if I wasn't alone in
thinking this.

thanks
Jani