problems with svn xffm (including stacktrace)

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sat Feb 11 14:09:45 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Mr Machine wrote:

> yo
>
> using latest svn, xfproc doesn't seem to work properly ... it only shows
> (at most) some basic system processes (actually, the only ones that seem
> to appear are mingetty and processes used for compiling applications)
> ... i have  xfproc set to show all processes, too. if i select "show
> process tree", it lists all the processes in the little monitor box, though.

Must be due to broken BSD ps-options. I have now switched the default back
to Unix ps-options (as originally were). Please check with current SVN to
see if the problem is gone (it should).

> also - was trying to drag some *.desktop files from the applications
> browser to my Desktop folder and kept crashing ... here's a stack trace
> (hope i did it right):
>
>> [mrmachine at machine ~]$ gdb xffm core.26519

Could you please do the same but with:

"gdb xffm-deskview core.26519"

Apparently the crash is occurring in xffm-deskview and not xffm-iconview
(the applications browser is executable xffm-iconview==xffm, which is
different from xffm-deskview)

thanks,

Edscott