wmtweaks and xfwm settings plugins

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Feb 9 21:28:10 CET 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:

> why is the wmtweaks plugin separate from the xfwm one?
> Some of the areas they cover overlap (focus, workspaces)
> and the latter already has an advanced tab.

Because the wmtweaks plugin covers advanced features that are not meant
for regular users. A bit like the tweakui utility for Windows.

I'm against making everything and anything configurable, but ppl keep
asking for that. By making a separate plug-in, I keep the WM plug-in the
way I want and while giving ppl a UI to tweak their WM the way they want
(if they want)...

Cheers,
Olivier.