Preferred Applications Framework

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Feb 9 01:20:06 CET 2006

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:30:34 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > That's true, of course. Being able to pass any file/URL over to
> > exo-open is great, so there's no need for another option in the
> > application framework. I can understand that URLs/eMails require a
> > separate configuration, because they can't be mapped to a MIME type
> > in a file manager.
>
> Ok, there's now support for local paths using the org.xfce.FileManager
> service and various fallbacks.

Works like a charm here. And fast as hell. I'm seeing forward to more
of this D-BUS stuff, hehe. exo-open makes lots of things possible, e.g.
for my command line plugin "Verve" (which uses it in order to launch
URLs and eMail addresses by now). I could imagine enhancing it to also
open non-executable files via exo-open, so that almost everything you
type into it is handled in some way.

Thanks for this nice work,
Jannis