Cannot click buttons on "End Session" dialog

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:07:38 CET 2006

Hi,

There's a problem I've been facing since previous Xfce releases (4.x). On Xfce
4.0 and 4.2 it was so hard to reproduce (specially because I didn't know about
the possibility of sending SIGUSR1 to the panel) that I didn't bother to report
this. But now with the new "End Session" dialog with bigger buttons (xfce SVN)
which takes (at least on my machine) some time to appear on screen, it became
quite trivial to reproduce.

The problem is that the buttons cannot be clicked under special circunstances. I
don't have a pretty good understanding of everything that's going on behind the
scenes, so I don't know if it is Xfce related (i.e. xfce4-session) or if it's
something related to GTK itself.

There are two ways to reproduce this:

 - the hard one:
 1. Make sure you have the "confirm on logout" option enabled;
 2. Click the panel action button to logout;
 3. Move the mouse pointer to the place where the buttons on "End Session" dialog
    will appear (any of them will do it) _BEFORE_ the dialog appears on screen.
 RESULT: the button won't get clicked.

 - the easy one:
 1. Make sure you have the "confirm on logout" option enabled;
 2. Move the mouse pointer to the place where one of the buttons on "End
    Session" dialog will appear;
 3. Send SIGUSR1 to xfce4-panel.
 RESULT: the button won't get clicked.

Any thoughts about this? Should I file a bug? I'm using xfce4-session r19529,
but as I said, this problem has been showing up for a long time.

Regards,
Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess