xfrun4 + dbus

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:16:59 CET 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Jani Monoses wrote:
>
>>>Oh, and please use OpenDialogOnDisplay() for xfrun4, else the dialog
>>>will always popup on the primary screen of the file manager, which is
>>>pretty annoying for people with multi-screen setups.
>>

>>So actually screen not display right? As in GdkDisplay vs GdkScreen.
>>Is it a string or an int of the current screen index on the current X
>>display?
>

> A fully qualified display name: [<hostname>]:<display-num>.<screen-num>
>
> For example;
>
> GdkScreen *screen = gdk_screen_get_default ();
> gchar *display = gdk_screen_make_display_name (screen);

Ok I got the split xfrun working fine but tested only on one
display/screen setup.
It is not clear to me how xfrun4 and the rundialog service provider can
be on different X displays. Isn't the dbus session-bus a per session
thing which is not seen from other X displays? That's why I asked
whether we are interested in screen only or display too.

right now the xfrun invocation will send something like :0.1 to
xfrun-background which will pop the window up on screen 1 of display 0
since it was started under the X server which owns display 0.

I feel I am still missing something :)

thanks
Jani