More panel feature ideas

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Feb 5 09:30:57 CET 2006

Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
> Hey Jasper,
>
> I just read the mails in the '4.4 default look' topic and had an idea
> concerning the starter plugin.
>
> We have xfce4-appfinder, we have Thunar in which you can select
> applications for certain filetypes from a dialog - why not implement
> this in the starter dialog, too?
>
> Usually, when you create a starter, it's for an existing program. In
> this case, just selecting the program in a dialog and make the dialog
> insert the program's command and icon into the starter item
> configuration would be very cool.
>
> What do you think?
>
> I know, you don't have much time at the moment, so I'd post a feature
> request in Bugzilla, if you don't mind.

Please go ahead, it's a good idea. In fact Eduard already made the
appfinder a custom widget, so that it might be moved to a library to be
used in other programs.

The problem here for me is that every one of our programs that deal with
menus or desktop files has a different implementation. I really would
like to have one common way to get a list of applications.

Anyway, I'm not going to get to this for 4.4.0, but it is a good request.

	Jasper