4.4 default look - Take 3

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:15:13 CET 2006

On 2/4/06, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> >> This should be done on an icon-by-icon basis.  If there's an icon name
> >> in the spec that matches the function of an icon that we're using (with
> >> a different name), then we should just change ours.  But if there isn't
> >> anything similar, we should ask for new icon names to be added.

> >> That sounds fine.  Please go by the official icon naming specification
> >> and not just by what's in the tango icon theme.
> >>

> > here we go ...
> >
> > http://www.dsslive.org/mediawiki/index.php/Roadmap-0.3-1:XfceTheme
> >
> > i'll continue just in case i'll see what i'm doing is useful for you too :).
> >
> > There are some icons that apparently are needed in the xfce icon theme
> > but that doesn't exist in the icon namin spec ... i don't know if the
> > following link can be somhow useful  ..
> >
> > http://tango-project.org/Icon_Metaphors
> >

> That's great! Very nice indeed.

Thanks ... it seems i can continue :)

> Some time ago I wrote a little howto for xfce icon themeing, which
> possibly no longer is 100% up-to-date. You may still find it useful:
> http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/files/icons/ICONTHEMES .

well it seems uptodate, it can help me to not forget some icons ...
but the result of what i'm proposing should be that xfce4 icon names
will not be hardcoded ... that means each theme that respects the icon
naming spec will be compatible with xfce.

There is one main issue i see in xfce4-panel:

1) Add new item
2) Launcher
3) Select the icon <-- here it shows the icon from the theme in use
but on the panel i see the Rodent icon .....