4.4 default look - Take 3

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:17:42 CET 2006

On 2/3/06, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> On 2/3/2006 3:36 AM, daniele favara wrote:

> >> Because it takes effort, and there are more important things to do.  If
> >> you have the time, feel free to work up a patch.  Most of Xfce's icons
> >> are indeed themable; there are only a few parts (like the main settings
> >> dialog, for example) that have hardcoded icon names.
> >>

> > i'll take a look on this, is it ok if i ask to tango project people to
> > add xfce icon names? or are you planing to change the names of those
> > icons ?
>
> This should be done on an icon-by-icon basis.  If there's an icon name
> in the spec that matches the function of an icon that we're using (with
> a different name), then we should just change ours.  But if there isn't
> anything similar, we should ask for new icon names to be added.
>
> > i was thinkng to write a page on my wiki, showing the xfce icons,
> > possible tango icons and relative names ... then ask to add the names
> > when and if you accept that.
>
> That sounds fine.  Please go by the official icon naming specification
> and not just by what's in the tango icon theme.

here we go ...

http://www.dsslive.org/mediawiki/index.php/Roadmap-0.3-1:XfceTheme

i'll continue just in case i'll see what i'm doing is useful for you too :).

There are some icons that apparently are needed in the xfce icon theme
but that doesn't exist in the icon namin spec ... i don't know if the
following link can be somhow useful  ..

http://tango-project.org/Icon_Metaphors

ciao

df