4.4 default look - Take 3

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:36:07 CET 2006

On 2/3/06, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> daniele favara wrote:

> >> Looks nice with Tango, but it somehow doesn't fit with Rodent IMHO. If
> >> Rodent is default for 4.4 (which I think it will/should be), either the
> >> Rodent colors should be more like Tango or the default Gtk theme colors
> >> should be more like Rodent.
> >>
> >> Just my 0.02€...
> >>

> > The rodent theme seems somehow "hardcoded" in xfce ... if i'm not
> > wrong why not to make xfce fully "themeable" ?
>
> Because it takes effort, and there are more important things to do.  If
> you have the time, feel free to work up a patch.  Most of Xfce's icons
> are indeed themable; there are only a few parts (like the main settings
> dialog, for example) that have hardcoded icon names.

i'll take a look on this, is it ok if i ask to tango project people to
add xfce icon names? or are you planing to change the names of those
icons ?

i was thinkng to write a page on my wiki, showing the xfce icons,
possible tango icons and relative names ... then ask to add the names
when and if you accept that.