Question related to twinview nr 4 (answer to Danny)

Marcel Maier marcelmaier260486 at msn.com
Wed Feb 1 23:00:53 CET 2006

>From: Danny Milosavljevic <danny.milo at gmx.net>
>To: XFCE4 development list <xfce4-dev at xfce.org>, Marcel Maier
><marcelmaier260486 at msn.com>
>Subject: Re: Question related to twinview nr 3 (answer to Brian)
>Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:57:05 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2006, 05:38 +0100 schrieb Marcel Maier:
> > >4.2.x does not, and will not, include features to deal with backdrop
> > >handling across xinerama desktops.  I'm not really sure why it changed
> > >for you when you updated though.  Try changin the backdrop style to
> > >"tiled" instead of whatever you have now.  You might need to resize the
> > >image to your screen resolution as a workaround if they don't match.
> > >Otherwise wait for 4.4.
> > >
> > >	-brian

> > Hi Brian
> >
> > First of all I want to thank u for your help, I appreciate it very much.
> >
> > Well ... tbH I ve never had to care about the Xinerama option in the
>Xorg
> > .... I printed out myself the complete Xorg manual of Nvidia (80 pages)
>and
> > I think I have configured everything in a good way...
> >
> > about your solution to use tiled ... or other mods in the backdrop ... i
>ve
> > tried that already ... as I thought ... something would freakout ....
> >
> > uhm, I cant explain myself, if Xfce4 never supported the correct
>placement
> > of windows as same as backgrounds, why did it ever work to me before?
> > your solution to modify ... the desktop background ... yea ... I thought
>of
> > that already (that could be solved then) ... but what bothers more ...
>is
> > infact ... that every window ... when I maximaze it now ... spawns on
>both
> > screens ...
>
>You mean the window will cover both screens, not honoring the physical
>border? (if so, sounds like xinerama...)
>
> > and that didnt happen before to Xfce4 ... never ever ...
>
>Hmm, can you run xdpyinfo please and attach the output ?
>Thanks
>

> > I swear by God I never modified my xorg.conf or anything else ....  Im
> > pretty confused ...
> >
> > If needed I post here my link to the Xorg.conf  backup I created on my
> > server,
> >
> >   http://extreme.homeunix.net/Xfce4/xorg.conf
>
>looks well enough... but do the xdpyinfo so that we are sure...
>

> > Many Regards,
> >

> > Marcel
>
>cheers,
>    Danny

Hi Danny,

Im glad that I get soo much feedback from all of you :)

I hope, you read all my emails related to this problems before ...  this is
the 4th one :D
on the 2nd Email I posted 2 screenshots to show how the things have changed
all of a sudden
though.

here the Output for xdpyinfo:

http://extreme.homeunix.net/Xfce4/output_xdpyinfo

if you search form the other files: (screenshots)

http://extreme.homeunix.net/Xfce4/

I just hope everything turns back normal as before ... else .. it would
prolly force me to use another
window manager :/ and tbH I liked Xfce4 very much

Thanks very Much,

Marcel