taskbar module

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Wed Feb 1 21:37:58 CET 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:12:41 -0500, Carl Bolduc <drcurl at gmail.com> said:

> Hello precious devs,
>
> I've been wondering about a feature of the taskbar module. When I get a
> personal message in Xchat, I get a nice flashy notification in my taskbar.
> On the other hand, when I receive a reply in a gaim chat window, my taskbar
> doesn't flash!? Could this be improve?

The taskbar item flashes when the program sets the URGENT hint on it's window.
So getting the flashing is really the program's responsibility, not the
taskbar's. It just responds to a request for notifying the user that the
program wants attention. (also, GAIM has a plugin for setting the URGENT hint)

--
We don't know who it was that discovered water, but we're pretty sure
that it wasn't a fish.