Question related to twinview nr 3 (answer to Brian)

Marcel Maier marcelmaier260486 at msn.com
Wed Feb 1 05:38:05 CET 2006

>4.2.x does not, and will not, include features to deal with backdrop
>handling across xinerama desktops.  I'm not really sure why it changed
>for you when you updated though.  Try changin the backdrop style to
>"tiled" instead of whatever you have now.  You might need to resize the
>image to your screen resolution as a workaround if they don't match.
>Otherwise wait for 4.4.
>
>	-brian

Hi Brian

First of all I want to thank u for your help, I appreciate it very much.

Well ... tbH I ve never had to care about the Xinerama option in the Xorg
.... I printed out myself the complete Xorg manual of Nvidia (80 pages) and
I think I have configured everything in a good way...

about your solution to use tiled ... or other mods in the backdrop ... i ve
tried that already ... as I thought ... something would freakout ....

uhm, I cant explain myself, if Xfce4 never supported the correct placement
of windows as same as backgrounds, why did it ever work to me before?
your solution to modify ... the desktop background ... yea ... I thought of
that already (that could be solved then) ... but what bothers more ... is
infact ... that every window ... when I maximaze it now ... spawns on both
screens ... and that didnt happen before to Xfce4 ... never ever ...

I swear by God I never modified my xorg.conf or anything else ....  Im
pretty confused ...

If needed I post here my link to the Xorg.conf  backup I created on my
server,

  http://extreme.homeunix.net/Xfce4/xorg.conf

Many Regards,

Marcel