Thunar and startup notification?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 20 23:04:23 CET 2006

Erik Harrison wrote:
> On 12/20/06, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) Does the openoffice desktop file has StartupNotiy=true?
>> 3) Make sure thunar is compiler with startup notification support.
>
> I have this trouble meself - and it's probably #2.

I don't think that's it.  I have a .pdf on my desktop, which launches
evince by default.  /usr/share/applications/evince.pdf does indeed have
StartupNotify=true in it.  Launching from xfdesktop doesn't show the
hourglass, but launching from thunar does.  I'm not sure; seems like
xfdesktop needs to be doing something else to make this work, but I have
no idea what it is.  Benny?

	-brian