Stand-alone taskbar has "background" icon; the plugin panel-taskbar has not. Why?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 03:15:10 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm using Xfce 4.2.3 with Fedora Core 5.

For a while I've been using the stand-alone taskbar,
which is part of the utils. This taskbar gets a small
icon aligned to the right when starting applications
such as Skype and Opera. I don't know how this small
icon is called, but it is very convenient.

Recently I discovered that I can have the taskbar
embedded in my panel (with xfce4-taskbar-plugin
version 0.2.2), which is very neat. However, these
small icons do not appear in the panel-taskbar.
This is very inconvenient.

Is the plugin/embedded panel-taskbar not fully
functional yet, or have I done something wrong?

Cheers,
Rob.