Programs crash when changing orientation of xfce4-panel

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Mon Dec 4 19:41:06 CET 2006

Hi,

just while trying to find a bug in my xfce4-dict-plugin I changed the
orientation of xfce4-panel(from vertical left to horizontal bottom and
reverse) several times and I noticed that Sylpheed and Geany crashed
sometimes.

I started then Geany in gdb to get some more information and I got:

The program 'geany' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 359609 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

I didn't set a break point on gdk_x_error(), should I?

I'm not sure if this is an X bug, something in xfce4-panel or even
xfwm4. So I post here before spam into bugzilla.

This happens on Debian Testing with GTK 2.8.20 and Xorg 7.1.0. xfwm4
and xfce4-panel are from SVN (last built two or three days ago).

Regards,
Enrico