xfce4-menu-plugin memory footprint

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue Aug 22 19:29:53 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

First time posting. I am the gnome-games module maintainer and the
project lead for Safedesk Terminal Server; this past weekend I stumbled
in to XFCE 4.4 beta 2 and was immediately impressed. Congratulations on
a job well done. I'm now running it on my desktop and laptop.

I have one concern which has popped up: the memory consumption of the
xfce4-menu-plugin seems very high. Here is a pmap [pid] | grep anon:

08051000  28468K rw---    [ anon ]
a7384000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a73e7000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
a74db000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
a7691000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
a76b8000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a77f3000     12K rw---    [ anon ]
a787d000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a79d9000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
a7a9d000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
a7aa8000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a7b5e000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a7bcd000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a7c5c000      4K rw---    [ anon ]
a7f43000     16K rw---    [ anon ]
a7fb5000      8K rw---    [ anon ]
ffffe000      4K -----    [ anon ]

Over the coarse of time the memory at 0x08051000 seems to be growing at
a rate of 200k per hour or so. Has this issue been reported? Any
thoughts? Sorry if this has already been visited.