Xfdesktop surprise and request

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 00:45:38 CEST 2006

> That's not possible with how the desktop menu works, unfortunately.

Too sad, but expected also....

However, I've been considering doing it the other way: when file icons
> are enabled, show the desktop-file menu (i.e., the "Desktop" submenu
> when you right click on an icon) on right click on the wallpaper, and
> then provide a hook to embed the normal xfce applications menu in a
> submenu of that.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>         -brian

I guess that sounds quite better, simply because usually when people (I
atleast) click on the desktop, they want to do the things related to desktop
per se, like the ones you put on the lauchers "Desktop" menu. Not opening
programs etc, as the most used ones should already be on desktop.

And, at least but not at last, is consistent with other desktops also, as
far as I can remember.

      Rodrigo