My first plugin

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 07:13:29 CEST 2006

Yesterday I've spent some hours trying to make a plugin work, i've
learned some gtk/gdk but as I know nothing about makefiles I've built
it under the clock plugin (it uses the clock_constructor because if I
change it's name, it will not compile anymore, I really don't know
why). It's a simple network state plugin, it reads /proc/net/dev,
looks for eth0 and shows in 5 images it's state (unredable,no
transmission,tx,rx,txrx).

Can anyone help me doing a makefile for it? I've attached a .tar.gz
with everything necessary to make it run (I hope). I'm almost sure it
only runs on linux boxes because of how I read data from /proc. I also
know I've used bad programming techniques (like hard-linking the
images) but as I said, it's my first plugin =)

Please, remember!!! As I've created the plugin on top of the clock
plugin, after installing it the original clock plugin will be
destroyed!!! You will have to reinstall your clock plugin. I know this
sucks, that's why I need a Makefile.

The attached screenshot shows it on the bottom panel between the quit
button and the orage clock.

--
Bruno Gonçalves de Jesus
Live free() or die()!