snapshot generation of the xfce-goodies

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:08:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:46:01PM +0200, Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi,

> [...]
> Further the xfce4-rss-plugin doesn't seem to find my pyxfce
> installation (not really sure if that is the plugins fault)

Checking for pyxfce is as simple as trying to import the library. Try the
following:

$ python
Python 2.3.5 (#2, Jun 13 2006, 23:12:55)
[GCC 4.1.2 20060613 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-4)] on linux2
>>> import pygtk
>>> pygtk.require("2.0")
>>> import gtk
>>> import xfce4

If the above fails for you, so you probably miss one of the required
libraries. Otherwise, it's probably the plugin's fault, but I'm not yet sure
about what could be causing it. If this is the case, I'd like you to describe it
better. Please remember that you also need pyexo, and this is not included in
pyxfce neither enabled by default on libexo's build.

Regards,
Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess