snapshot generation of the xfce-goodies

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:46:01 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I recently added the goodies to the snapshot generating script.
Snapshots of the goodies are uploaded to :
http://xfce.org/~elangelo/xfce-snapshots/goodies .
As all of you can notice i'm currently lacking some of the plugins
there...

Several reasons for this:

Some of the plugins do not create a .bz2 tarball on make dist or make
dist-bz2. While i could adjust the script to start uploading gz's i
will not do that as i think bz2's should be preferred (smaller size)
affected plugins :
xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin
xfce4-radio-plugin
xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin
xfce4-systemload-plugin
xfce4-taskmanager
xfce4-timer-plugin
xfce4-websearch-plugin
xfce4-xkb-plugin
xfce4-xmms-plugin
Brian told me this is just a small adjustment in the configure.ac (you
can use one of the non-failing plugins as an example.

Some of the plugins do not have a trunk folder in the tree
affected plugins :
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
xfce4-teatime-plugin
xffm_theme_maker

Some of the plugins don't have an autogen.sh (while they do have a
configure, svn/cvs stuff preferably have an autogen.sh)
affected plugins:
xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
xfce4-i8k-plugin
xfce4-lua-graph-plugin
xfce4-megahertz-plugin

Old or depreciated modules : (still building against 4.0.0 or 4.2.0)
affected plugins:
xfce4-datetime-plugin
xfce4-DiskPerf-plugin
xfce4-showdesktop-plugin
xfce4-windowlist-plugin
xfce4-eyes
xfce4-modemlights-plugin
xfce4-taskbar-plugin
xfce4-wavelan-plugin
Some of them should still be ported, others can be discarded as they
are included in the tree of panel

Further the xfce4-rss-plugin doesn't seem to find my pyxfce
installation (not really sure if that is the plugins fault)

I'm currently lacking the libsensors dependency to build
xfce4-sensors-plugin (i'm not sure where to find this library)

General failing plugins:
xfce4-artwork
xfce-bglist-editor
xfce4-minicmd-plugin

the snapshot generating script works as followed:

svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/$goodie/trunk $goodie
./autogen.sh --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-xsltproc --enable-gtk-doc
make dist-bz2 2&> /dev/null || make dist 2&> /dev/null
then the tarball gets uploaded with the revision in the filename.

It would be interesting that the developpers of their own plugins
correct this so the snapshots of those modules gets added too.
Please do respond to this email for further information or comments.
gr,S