Xfce 4.4 beta2 released!

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Sat Aug 5 10:21:29 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 09:28 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> >>It seems that both xfce4-panel and xfce-mcs-plugins provide the file:
> >>/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/xfce-filemanager.png
> >>
> >>I don't really know if it's a bug or something, currently I remove
> >>this
> >>icon from xfce4-panel so both packages won't conflict on Debian
> >>systems.
> >
> > Can somebody from any of this package can tell me if it's a transition
> > and if xfce-mcs-plugin will now ship xfce-filemanager and xfce4-panel
> > won't anymore, or if it's just a mistake ?
> >
> > If it's a transition I need to position correctly conflicts/replaces in
> > debian packages.
>
> No, it's not really a transition. Both packages need the icon. Can we
> make xfce-utils depend on xfce4-panel? On the other hand, we can drop it
> from xfce-utils and just assume the user is going to install xfce4-panel
> as well.

It's xfce-mcs-plugins, not xfce-utils, and except that icon there is no
real need for xfce4-panel to depend on xfce-mcs-plugins. Btw, which
plugin in -mcs-plugins needs the file manager icon ?

In Xfce < 4.3.90.2 xfce-filemanager was provided by xfce4-panel so I
guess we'll continue like this.

Regards,

--
Yves-Alexis