[Thunar-dev] Recent document support

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Aug 1 02:12:39 CEST 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>With some additional functions it can become a generic interface to
>>>the recently-used database, which mousepad, xarchiver, xfburn and
>>>xfmedia could use.
>
> gtk already has recently-used files support, though unfortunately you
> need gtk 2.10 for it.  Maybe someone wants to backport it, or
> sed -e 's/Gtk/Exo/g;' and import it into libexo...  Blah.

GTK+ 2.10's GtkRecent* and GLib 2.12's GBookmarkFile are XBEL, but the
current standard is not. Unfortunately. Well, GNOME people...

But implementing the recent-files spec is really trivial. See the patch
I posted for Thunar. The stuff in thunar-vfs-io-recent.{c,h} implements
the spec, and supports querying the list and adding/updating URIs. With
only small changes it should be usable for mousepad/xfmedia/xarchiver.

I don't think we should add it to a library until it's clear if the
current spec will be replaced with an XBEL based one. Just copy the code
to the applications (it doesn't need anything special, just GMarkup).

I could also cleanup the code and put it into libface.

> 	-brian

Benedikt