[project-proposal] xfce4ring

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Wed Apr 26 10:44:04 CEST 2006

> If you want to separate the storage from everything else i that with
> further development you mght want to concider not moduling
> 'everything' inside that daemon. But making that daemon only for
> XSETTINGS. and let other apps and scripts handle the rest?

>From a user's point of view, I find that picking up my settings and
taking them to a new computer is extremely tiresome, as there are too
many folders to remember to zip up. XFCE is also a PITA as it writes its
current configuration on shutdown, so I can't copy my settings while
XFCE is running. This isn't a biggie for me (I write all my code with
vim), but it is annoying because I always forget to kill X beforehand,

Anyway, back on-topic, a centralised location for storing everything
would be great. But... wasn't that supposed to be gconf?