[project-proposal] xfce4ring

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Apr 25 20:54:43 CEST 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:47:46 -0400, Aaron wrote:

> On 4/25/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
> wrote:

> > > Hmm, i did not mean that as negative as it sounds... sorry for
> > > that.
> >
> > We'll have one year (probably even more time) to talk about the
> > settings manager for 4.6. But let's keep the focus on 4.4 for the
> > next two months.
> >
> > > Stephan
> >
> > Benedikt
>
> i know it takes time, but you really need a release more than once a
> year, even if its just to patch bugs. i would really reconsider your
> release stance, to something shorter, like bug fixes evert quarter,
> and a small feature update halves.

Talking about future stuff does not make release cycles shorter. I
don't mind Stephan to post his ideas but we still have a lot of stuff
to do and should concentrate on that. This thread will be lost among
bug reports by the time we have 4.4 released.

Our release stance is our business. The new panel has not been stable
earlier, same goes for Thunar and xfdesktop (where the icon stuff
still is a bit rough IMHO). So what would be the point in having
released Xfce 4.4 in December 2005 or even earlier? I don't see it.

- Jannis