[project-proposal] xfce4ring

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Tue Apr 25 12:20:40 CEST 2006

tir, 25 04 2006 kl. 12:10 +0200, skrev samuel verstraete:
> 5. a panel plugin for the settings manager would be great too

There's already a wrapper plugin in SVN which provide a button for the
Panel settings in the Settings Manager dialog.

> On 4/25/06, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Currently (xfce 4.0 4.2 and 4.4) uses the xfce-mcs-manager for
> > configuration purposes.
> >
> > Though Xfce 4.4 is still at BETA stage, i would like to start a
> > discussion about the development of a possible successor of
> > xfce-mcs-manager.
> >
> > Thinks i think we should be able to do with it are:
> > (Thanks to ElAngelo)
> >
> > 1. Support MetaThemes
> > 2. Support dnd for theme installation
> > 3. Plugin grouping, ordering plugins by group
> > 4. Allow writing plugins with scripting-languages like python / ruby / perl.
> >
> > 1) - (Complete theme-packages for wm, gtk, icons and perhaps even wallpaper)

> > 2) - ( ~/.themes is too complicated for most new users)
> >
> > 3) - (this way we can make the GUI less cluttered.)
> >
> > 4) - (This probably means we cannot use gmodule for it anymore)
> >
> > I would like to know what your ideas are about this.

6. Keyboard shortcuts for Xfwm4 in Keyboard settings dialog. Maybe make
some mechanism based on XML-files that the Keyboard settings dialog can
use to add keyboard settings for external applications (but only
applications integrated in the desktop) like Xfwm4.

Stefan