pyxfce - systemtray.SystemTray

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Fri Apr 21 21:39:53 CEST 2006

fre, 21 04 2006 kl. 15:21 -0400, skrev Aaron:
> yes, thats the code im using. im still learning python, so is there
> any way possible to change the background colour? it changes with the
> gtk theme, but i coundnt seem to find a way to change the gtkrc file
> to change the colour of it. any tips?

Even if you could, it wouldn't really work, because all the notification
icons control their own background. AFAIK, there is no real way to
override this.
The KDE panel has some way to do it, but it only works for notification
icons of KDE applications anyway.

The only solution that might work, but only for the notification icons
of GTK applications, is if notification icons always have a special
widget class name (or whatever it's called), but I doubt it. In that
case, you could, as you mention,  specify a background colour in the
gtkrc file.

Stefan