addition of panel plugin to orage

juha kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Thu Apr 20 00:07:23 CEST 2006

Great "complaints" ;-) .

Read answers below.

/Juha

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>I have a few complaints:
>
>1. Please change the default! It's really confusing when adding the
>plugin to the panel and having the panel grow in size by a factor of two
>or three.

Done.

>2. Please don't put the descriptions for the format into a tooltip, as
>the tooltip disappears when writing to the entry box. I'd suggest to put
>them into the dialog as "hint section" (see the custom actions editor in
>Thunar for an example of what I mean).

This was good idea. Done.
This may fit other places, too...thanks!

>3. It'd be nice to have the same timezone selector as in the preferences
>for the panel plugin.

Yep, but...
I built the orage preferences timezone selector restricted
because libical can not handle timezones like CET or EET,
which are quite handy and still a lot in use.
So, I am not quite sure if it is good idea to restrict the
selection in the panel...but yes, I agree same selector
would be better.
Perhaps it is fine to restrict to locations only? Opinions?

>4. "Show line 1:" shouldn't be a check button, as its not really useful
>to have no lines at all. :-) I'd even suggest to replace the three rows
>with a single entry box and allow pango markup for text formatting and
>\n for new lines (IIRC there was once a panel plugin that did exactly this).

Well...yeah...true. no lines does not make sense.
But controlling fonts using pango markup is not that intuitive.