Desktop folder creation for new users

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Apr 19 21:55:43 CEST 2006

ons, 19 04 2006 kl. 23:42 +0300, skrev Jani Monoses:
> for now I put the mkdir in xinitc of xfce4-utils. I think skel is for
> more base system stuff only. Especially since I was looking for a
> solution meant as a distro default install (forgot to mention), not a
> machine specific thing touching stuff in /etc/skel is not the best idea.

You do allow people to delete ~/Desktop/ if they don't want it in their
home folder, without making it again at the next session start, right?
Like, putting a "desktop-created" file or something like that in
${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/xfce4/ the first time Xfce's xinitrc is executed for
a user, and only make ~/Desktop/ if that file doesn't exists.

> Jani

Stefan