question to xfce4 4.4 release

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 03:30:07 CEST 2006

On 4/18/06, Aaron <aaronf0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well unfortunately... i just like programming too damn much ;)
> >
> > maybe not google summer of code material... but maybe good for a new team
> > member? after all, rewriting it will be all about cleanups and good understanding.

At that point you're not so much taking over maintainership of
Mousepad as taking the name

And we're not anti python so much as few of us are python programmers.
PyXfce (in the Beta) provides bindings to the Xfce libraries, and
Thunar extensions can be written in Python

> does language matter? i could rewrite/port it to pygtk, but seem
> people seem very anit python here... would that be a problem?

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."