Xarchiver branch

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:50:03 CEST 2006

On 4/18/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Stephan Arts wrote:
> > I need to wait for the io_channel to close and the app (like tar) to
> > exit before i emit a signal. (Or we could miss rows which results in
> > an incomplete filled tree-model).
> >
> > But this 'waiting' should not freeze xarchiver, any idea on how to do this?
>
> G_IO_HUP seems to be what you are looking for. But you will also make
> sure to handle the case where the app terminates while you are in read().
>
> > Thanks,
> > Stephan
>
> Benedikt

I think i fixed it, but it is an error that does not occur all the time.
Does any-one like to test it?

(Open and close different .tar and .tar.gz archives, and check the
contents of the tree-view if you see ALL files)

It should work, but like i said... i cannot be sure until i have
tested it for a few days.

Thank you,

Stephan