Some issues with desktop icons

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Apr 18 11:41:52 CEST 2006

Mtc wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> thare a few issues with desktop icons which I find quite annoying:
> - after removing some files from the desktop folder with Thunar they
> stay visible on the desktop
> - despite single click behavior set in Thunar I need to double click
> icons on the desktop
> - when I try to delete files a dialog box asking for confirmation shows.
> In Thunar the default action activated by pressing enter is "delete", on
> the desktop it's "cancel"
> - after canceling deleting files they remain selected but get "grayed
> out" (as in inactive windows) and I can't just press the delete key to
> try to delete them again.

You could also mention the way file icons jump around on the desktop
after a rename. But as far as I understand (which admittedly might not
be very far at all) this whole business is pretty much a temporary
solution until Thunar's ready to handle the desktop icons itself. And
that'll likely be sometime after Thunar 1.0.

- Jari

PS: Someone might want to update the xfdesktop README before 4.4.
Currently it says this: "It's not an app to handle icons on the desktop
or show minimized app icons. That is to say, it isn't _yet_."