question to xfce4 4.4 release

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 04:27:52 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> >>what does it need? it seems done and polished...
> >

> > First and foremost, it must pass distcheck, which it didn't (fixed that
> > now, waiting for Auke to let me commit).
> >
> > 2. It should either use gettext or glib-gettext, but not try to do both
> > (also fixed).
> >
> > 3. It should use intltool to translate the .desktop file (also fixed).
>
> Ok, committed these ones, and Mousepad will be in 4.4BETA1.

Thanks Benedikt.

Mousepad was really an experiment for me, and as everyone has noticed,
I haven't had much (read: any) time to maintain it since the last
release.

As much as I'd like to work on Mousepad, I simply don't have the time.
If there is anyone (who isn't Benny, Olivier, Jasper, or Brian, and
thus too busy maintaining stuff that I use) will to take over primary
maintainership, I'll happily cede my authority.

Frankly, it needs to be rewritten/heavily refactored as the Leafpad
source was a rat's nest. There is some work in a branch but it's
mostly just fiddling.

> Benedikt

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."