Fail to build xfwm4 with compositor support

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:53:58 CEST 2006

2006/4/16, timystery at arcor.de <timystery at arcor.de>:
> Hi!
>
> For unknown reasons, Debian doesn't add the path /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/ to where it
> searches for package configurations. So you need to 'export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig'. You will find this location by 'locate
> xcomposite.pc'. AFAIR this help/tip an be found in configure or autogen...

I've run into the same problem (and same solution) when I first tried
to enable the compositor in xfwm4. This is a common problem that many
Debian users may run into; IMHO it's a good candidate for a FAQ (and a
bug against Debian's pkg-config, but this is off-topic for this list).

Regards,
Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess