Xarchiver branch

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 23:41:13 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> >>Why do you want to use threads? The archive processes already run
> >>asynchronously (tar, unrar, unzip, etc.).
> >
> > Because then we still process the data synchronously and that makes
> > the GUI freeze with large archives. using a separate thread to parse
> > the output fixes it.
>
> Hm, how about trying to optimize the parsing code. It cannot be that
> hard, or atleast its worth the effort if it helps to avoid adding
> complicated thread handling.
>
> Benedikt

I have removed most of the extra threading code, it seems that the
addition of the xa_data_ready signal fixed the freeze by itself.

I will be testing around with the tar implementation a bit for the
next few days.
It seems to work now, without being that complicated, i will clean up
some library functions to make more sense and then i can catch-up on
the GUI-side again.

Stephan