XArchiver on-disk read-cache.

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Apr 12 16:53:43 CEST 2006

Stephan Arts wrote:
> That would mean we we need to decide what data is truely relevant to the
> user and what is 'just for fun', and remove that.

You'll need to do that anyway, since all data will never be relevant to
the user.

But a quick look at the source tells me that you are using GtkListStore
with string columns for all values. That does of course waste a lot of
memory, as its a generic container, not designed to be memory-friendly
with 60k entries. Is there a special reason to use GtkListStore? Why not
simply implement GtkTreeModel with a lightweight per-file structure?

> Stephan

Benedikt