Aw: Re: Default settings for 4.4

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Apr 11 03:32:16 CEST 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What about something along these lines:
>
> - Keep the taskbar on top. Add the xfce menu for convenience, keep the
> systar on the right and add the show desktop in the corner.
> - Keep a smaller panel at the bottom with a few launchers, the pager,
> the clock and the quit button.
>
> This way, we stay close to the original xfce layout (as found in 4.0 and
> 4.2 while still taking advantage of the new panel functionalities.

I agree that the layout is rather similar to 4.2 and 4.0, but the menu should
not be in the top panel - it is rather confusing to have all launchers at the
botton except the one in which all of them are anyway (the menu).

I personally put the menu in the bottom without the "text label". Launchers
should really go together IMHO ;^)

Cheers,

Auke