Aw: Re: Default settings for 4.4

Stephan psybsd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 12:22:21 CEST 2006

On 4/9/06, Aaron <aaronf0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> well, this is what i would suggest for a default configuration. as
> most people use gaim, that might want a place in there, i forgot to
> take it out, but i had it in when some version of gaim was crashing
> frequently.
>
> you can replace irssi with a irc client, i have no clue whats popular now
> days.

If not that as the developers of XFCE there is no way to guess what other
apps users have installed... whats the use of a launcher to an application
that does not exist?

erm, if you dont use abiword, put in OOo writer? are small switches
> that big of a deal?

same here...

and as YOU have no way to easily launch a root terminal, maybe YOU
> could make a small script to find out which terminal they should use,
> and how it should be started as root? because not everyone runs on
> ubuntu...

people who think they need root-privileges can easilly su themselves to root
from a normal terminal emulator.

and im sorry if the monitors are packed as goodies, maybe that should
> be changed? you know alot of people use things like that... (stupid
> noconformist userbase wanting standard features...)

Applications are inside the core because they are required to use XFCE as a
DE. not because some user thinks it is cool. Thats where the goodies are
good for.

- Stephan