Default settings for 4.4

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Apr 3 23:35:56 CEST 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it would be great if we could have some good default settings
> before 4.4 beta1...
>
> Hint, I'm thinking of the panel here :) Xfce 4.0/4.2 users will loose
> their settings with the new panel, so it would be great if we could
> resent a bit more than just an empty panel with an empty launcher...
>
> What do you think? Here is my proposal, remove $HOME/.xfce4 and log on
> again. When we get something usable, then we're there...

I'd suggest for the bottom panel:

1st) Launcher
   - Homedir
   - Terminal

2nd) Launcher
   - WebBrowser
   - MailReader

3rd) Launcher
   - MediaPlayer (I'd suggest Xfmedia as default)

4th) Separator

5th) Pager

6th) Separator

7th) Launcher
   - Settings Manager

8th) Quit Button

9th) Separator

10th) Mixer

11th) Clock

The 1st and 2nd items can be done via exo-open to use the users
preferred apps (i.e. Homedir = exo-open $HOME, etc.).

For the MediaPlayer, I think it's ok to default to Xfmedia now (IIRC we
had xmms there for the last releases).

For the Clock: Why doesn't it launch Xfcalendar anymore on click?

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Benedikt