mcs-manager dialog too wide

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:39:28 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:22:04PM +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Doesn't
> gtk_label_set_max_width_chars ()
> work? That would take font size into consideration...

No, it doesn't, at least not as expected, i.e. it doesn't solve our problem.
I've tried a small "GTK hello world" style program with many different label
configurations and it just didn't work as I hoped.

In fact I found out that GtkLabel line wrapping just happens automatically for
strings >= 65 latin characters (really nice there seems to be no documentation
on this). The only way to override this behavior is by touching the GtkLabel's
PangoLayout. Anyway I didn't have enough time yet to play with this.

> Maybe we could have xfmn replace \n by space in the title? Still
> hacky ;)

Hehe, besides being hacky, it still doesn't solve all of the problems. When the
same string is both in source and desktop files, the end of line will end up
being in the desktop file (it happened for the wmtweaks plugin) too. One would
have to strip newlines from desktop files too, but this is already starting to
be a joke instead of a solution ;)

Regards,
Adriano
--