xfce4-mixer and future features?

Dale fastfoo at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 3 12:07:15 CEST 2006

Oblio wrote:
> You're right, my fault. I just thought that there are plenty GTK2 apps
> out there like aumix or the sort which can do that for you.
> I was thinking that you could use one of those (they are quite small),
> and use the mixer from Xfce just for volume and stuff like that.

This is one of the major problems with the *NIX desktop. Too many
smaller separate utilities for functions which should be grouped into
single user interfaces. Eventhough I don't use Ubuntu Linux for my own
personal use, their perspective on simplifying and unifying
functionality is what is sorely needed. I think XFCE is doing a sterling
job, but there are still various items (including the mixer) which ought
to have more functionality in order to make the desktop more appealing
to the masses.