xfce-mcs-manager segfault

Greg Bell gregbell at znet.com
Fri Sep 30 01:28:21 CEST 2005

>> I installed from RPMs.  so does that means they're what's broken and if
>> I went from source I'd be in better shape?
>
> It's possible.  I don't know which RPMs you used, for which distro, from
> which packager.

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I intentionally didn't include info from my previous post on this
topic, in the hope that I wouldn't crush everyone with too many details.

I'm running FC4, and this segfault happens with both the RPMs from the
Xfce website, as well as the ones in the Fedora Extras repo.

> Again, try
> running ldconfig.

I have.

>  Running 'ldd' on
> /usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/mouse_plugin.so (I think that's what it's
> called) will show you what libraries are and aren't being found, as well
> as what it's looking for.

Everything its looking for seems to be found (and isn't part of X).  Did
you mean a different plugin maybe?

$ ldd /usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/mouse_plugin.so
         linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7e82000)
         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

Actually, running ldd on mcs-plugins/* shows they're *all* being found.
And its finding the X libs in /usr/X11R6/lib.  hmm.

~gb