Copyright (Was: Re: New panel in trunk)

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Thu Sep 29 15:44:35 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:17:25 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> I've been wondering if I should do that for
> my source files as well.
>
>    Copyright <year> The Xfce development team
>
>    Authors:
>
> I have no idea what the legal status of such a line would be
> though. Can the Xfce development team be official copyright
> holder?

I'm not sure but author/translator, copyright holder, license
issuer aren't always the same in certain countries if I recall
correctly, and I'd like to avoid copyright/license hell.

As one of translators, I've been recognizing me of one of
credits, but having change the PO headers, I saw some state
his/her own copyright in that files, that can be problem later
as I forced them changed, but that's my call...

Anyway, who does treat judicial affairs in Xfce, Oliver? probably
there must be a jurist in this list.

Regards,
--
Daichi